From Smart to Wise
CCL Webinar Registration
From Smart to Wise
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
View computer requirements for participating in this webinar
Smart people impress us with their intellectual power and uncanny ability to achieve their goals. But smartness alone is not always sufficient to keep leaders out of trouble and sustain their success over time. CEO advisor and coach Prasad Kaipa and strategy consultant Navi Radjou are the authors of the new book From Smart to Wise, on which this webinar is based. They propose a different and counterintuitive approach to leadership that goes beyond optimizing "smartness."
Wise leadership, the authors argue, means cultivating a broader perspective and responding to external events with discernment, flexibility, and authenticity. It's the foundation for lasting success.
Kaipa and Radjou identify six capabilities that all leaders, both smart and wise, share-perspective, action orientation, role clarity, decision logic, fortitude, and motivation. Wise leaders optimize those capabilities, becoming better able to:
- switch from a narrow focus on operation or strategy to a more holistic perspective
- act both authentically and appropriately in any context
- know when to lead from the front and when to step back and let others lead
- make intuitive decisions that are both ethically sound and utterly pragmatic
- show true courage under fire, knowing when to hold and when to fold
- act consistently out of enlightened self-interest, creating value for both shareholders and society
Audience: This webinar will help leaders at all levels nurture a resilient and balanced leadership style that is essential to succeed in our complex world.
Maximizing the Value of the Webinar
- Invite others to participate. Structure a group "lunch and learn" session and invite other colleagues to attend.
- Debrief the lessons learned. Set aside time at the end of the Webinar to discuss takeaways, and how they apply to your group or organization
- Tap into your training budget. Ask your HR group or manager to underwrite the Webinar as part of your organization's ongoing staff development effort.
About the Presenters
Prasad Kaipa is a Silicon Valley-based CEO Advisor and Coach. He was the founding executive director of the Center for Leadership, Innovation and Change at the Indian School of Business and a Richardson fellow at the Center for Creative Leadership (2010).
Navi Radjou is a Silicon Valley-based strategy consultant, a World Economic Forum faculty member, and a Fellow at Judge Business School, University of Cambridge. He is also the coauthor of acclaimed Jugaad Innovation (Jossey-Bass, 2012).