Maximizing Your Leadership Potential
If you're managing other people for the first time, you know that the shift from successful individual contributor to effective manager can be tricky. As a first-time manager or supervisor, your perspective expands, your responsibilities increase, and your ability to achieve goals requires a whole new level of people skills.
To be an effective leader, you need a solid grip on your own leadership style, strengths and weaknesses — as well as an array of tactics for getting the best performance out of others.
Maximizing Your Leadership Potential addresses your specific leadership challenges and prepares you to achieve results by leading others.
Who should attend?
Maximizing Your Leadership Potential is for first-time managers — managers of individual contributors. They may have been recently promoted or are experiencing new pressures within a current management role.
Maximizing Your Leadership Potential provides first-time managers and supervisors with practical steps they can take to:
- Increase the commitment and engagement of the team
- Build sustainable relationships
- Leverage the power of conflict
- Influence others by connecting their motivations and needs to the needs of the work
- Understand others perspectives
- Provide constructive feedback